The Conservatives may claim they are good hands on the wheel in terms of the economy but it is no secret that they dug us into a whole. They claim Canada is leading the G8 out of recession but after the UK (77%), Germany (80%), and France (81%), Canada’s debt to GDP ratio is 84%. Below is a glance at Canada’s debt over the years.
They may load our TVs and YouTube channel advertisement areas with promotions for their Economic Action Plan but the unemployment rate went up in December – not down.
Canada can apparently afford:
- F-35 jets which will come without an engine and with an ever increasing price tag
- An imposed tough on crime agenda that has failed in the US and cost them more money to administer
- $50 million for Tony’s gazebos to buy votes
- Peter Mackay’s luxurious hotel rooms overseas
- Harper’s hockey game
- Military Chief’s Bermuda Vacation flight
- All of those new senators, and 30 new MPs
- The largest PMO in history
- A luxurious MP Pension Plan
- $3.7 billion worth of new search and rescue planes
Stephen Harper managed to repeat Mulroney’s damage in under 5 years, how can he justify that he is a good economic manager?
With money being wasted on his bureaucratic friends and failed policy, how can you justify his reckless choice of cuts and “major transformations”?