"After weighing the evidence, we concluded that Canada and Canadians would be better off with the Enbridge Northern Gateway project," concluded the panel's roughly 500-page report.
“The panel’s report represents a rigorous, open and comprehensive science-based assessment,” Oliver said in a statement.
“Now that we have received the report, we will thoroughly review it, consult with affected aboriginal groups and then make our decision. We also encourage everyone with an interest to take the time and review the report.”
- Passes Environmental review
- Develop world-leading marine oil spill prevention and response strategies
- Develop world-leading land oil spill prevention and response strategies
- Respects First Nations treaty rights and gives them opportunities
- BC receives a fair share of fiscal and economic benefits
"This is not going to be allowed to go through without a peep," Mulcair said, accusing the Conservatives of neglecting aboriginal rights.
"You can no longer impose these things from the top down. This is another era. You need social adhesion, you need to work with people. You can't just bark at them and say, 'This is going through.'"